LA Connection Property Blog: Condo Earthquake Insurance

Condo Earthquake Insurance

Many Condo HOA's maintain an Earthquake Insurance Policy for the Association and its members. However, owners are liable for a large deductable in the case of a claim.

Accordingly, individual owners should purchase a policy to cover the deductable (which could be between $30-$50,000 per unit) AND each owner should purchase coverage to pay for the fittings and fitures in their own condo (Kitchen cabinets, light fixtures etc).

Comment balloon 2 commentsCOMPASS PALM SPRINGS | Stewart Penn • April 29 2008 09:09AM


My condo association in Palm Springs does not have earthquake coverage at all.  :(
Posted by Rick Tourgee, Provincetown and Cape Cod (Robert Paul Properties, Inc.) over 12 years ago

I've noticed that since Earthquake Insurance Premiums have increased dramatically, a lot of HOA's are doing away with this Insurance.

Posted by COMPASS PALM SPRINGS | Stewart Penn, COMPASS Palm Springs - Broker Associate (COMPASS) over 12 years ago

This blog does not allow anonymous comments